Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon September 30, 2013
The Morning Cram [would you like to know more? edition]
From NPR: If all goes as planned, people who don't have insurance will be able to shop for it on online insurance marketplaces starting Tuesday. As long as people sign up by Dec. 15, they'll be covered starting Jan. 1.
Kentucky: A federal appeals court is scheduled to hear the case of an Iraqi man after pleading guilty to terrorism charges while living in Kentucky. The Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources and the Division of Forestry have purchased more than 4,200 acres of property in western Kentucky. Southbound travelers on Interstate 69 may need to change their route slightly while work is being done on ramps at Dawson Springs. The rural church in Fancy Farm has been approved for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places. A bipartisan pair of representatives has pre-filed a bill that would require warrants for any information gathered by drones.
Illinois: The Illinois State Police continues to struggle with a backlog of applications for gun ownership.
Tennessee: The UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Tennessee is giving $1 million in grants to increase housing for Tennesseans with mental illness.