Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon January 13, 2014
The Morning Cram [top selling edition]
From NPR: Disney's Frozen is having a big January. Last week, the animated musical about two sisters based on the fairy tale "The Snow Queen" topped the box office, six weeks after it was originally released. Its soundtrack, featuring ten original songs, is the best-selling album in the country, toppling Beyonce's self-titled album last week.
Kentucky: Kentucky poet laureate Frank X Walker is among the nominees for the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards. Kentucky artists and people interested in the arts will have a chance later this month to take part in Arts Day at the Capitol. A court decision that's expected later this year could decide the fate of a proposed Western Kentucky surface coal mine. A new report shows two members of Kentucky’s federal delegation are among the wealthiest in Congress.
Tennessee: The campaign manager for a group advocating for supermarket wine sales in Tennessee is leaving to become the CEO of the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors. Tennessee universities are trying to help students who transfer from community colleges get the associate degrees they may still lack.