Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 13, 2014
Head Of TN Supermarket Wine Sales Group Leaving
The campaign manager for a group advocating for supermarket wine sales in Tennessee is leaving to become the CEO of the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors.
Jarron Springer has been president of the Tennessee Grocers & Convenience Store Association since 2005, and also leads the Red White and Food campaign pushing for the law change.
Current law keeps supermarkets and convenience stores from selling beer stronger than 5% by weight, which is the equivalent of about 6.5% in the more common measure of alcohol by volume.
Anything stronger can only be sold in liquor stores. Advocates want cities and counties to be able to hold votes on whether to allow supermarket wine sales