Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 13, 2014
Head Of TN Supermarket Wine Sales Group Leaving
The campaign manager for a group advocating for supermarket wine sales in Tennessee is leaving to become the CEO of the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors.
Jarron Springer has been president of the Tennessee Grocers & Convenience Store Association since 2005, and also leads the Red White and Food campaign pushing for the law change.
Current law keeps supermarkets and convenience stores from selling beer stronger than 5% by weight, which is the equivalent of about 6.5% in the more common measure of alcohol by volume.
Anything stronger can only be sold in liquor stores. Advocates want cities and counties to be able to hold votes on whether to allow supermarket wine sales