Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon January 13, 2014
Head Of TN Supermarket Wine Sales Group Leaving
The campaign manager for a group advocating for supermarket wine sales in Tennessee is leaving to become the CEO of the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors.
Jarron Springer has been president of the Tennessee Grocers & Convenience Store Association since 2005, and also leads the Red White and Food campaign pushing for the law change.
Current law keeps supermarkets and convenience stores from selling beer stronger than 5% by weight, which is the equivalent of about 6.5% in the more common measure of alcohol by volume.
Anything stronger can only be sold in liquor stores. Advocates want cities and counties to be able to hold votes on whether to allow supermarket wine sales