Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon January 13, 2014
KY Poet Laureate Nominated For NAACP Award
Kentucky poet laureate Frank X Walker is among the nominees for the 45th annual NAACP Image Awards. Walker is nominated in the category of Outstanding Literary Work in Poetry for his latest book, "Turn Me Loose: The Unghosting of Medgar Evers."
The NAACP Image Awards highlight achievements in art, entertainment, politics and culture.
Walker says he was excited to find out about the nomination. Walker is an associate professor of English at the University of Kentucky.
The Image Awards will be announced February 21 for non-televised categories.