Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 20, 2013
The Morning Cram [π in the sky edition]
From NPR: The first satellite ever developed by high school students to make it to space is believed to be orbiting Earth after getting a ride aboard a U.S. military rocket Tuesday night from Wallops Island, Va. Fittingly, perhaps, you can send it a text message.
Kentucky: A new report measuring the level of equality afforded lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans shows substantial improvements in the Kentucky. McCracken County is purchasing twelve homes located in flood plains with the help of FEMA's Hazard Mitigation Assistance program. The National Republican Senatorial Committee says disciplinary action has been taken against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to restrict traffic to one lane on the US 68/KY 80 Eggner's Ferry Bridge at the Marshall-Trigg County Line today. Calloway County Judge-Executive Larry Elkins is pushing to get the speed limit on a portion of highway U.S. 68/KY 80 raised. Mothers Against Drunk Driving has named two Kentucky lawmakers “Legislative Champions.”
Illinois: Follow this link to find agencies and groups collecting certain items or donations for tornado victims in Brookport, Ill.