Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Wed November 20, 2013
NRSC Taking Action On Grimes Tweet
The National Republican Senatorial Committee says disciplinary action has been taken against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The image shows Grimes' face superimposed on the body of "Obama Girl," a model who made racy videos about her crush on then-Senator Barack Obama in 2007.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner for her party's nomination to take on Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
In a statement, Grimes condemned the tweet as "sexist."
NRSC spokeswoman Brook Hougesen called the tweet "extremely offensive" and said yesterday steps have been taken to ensure that such an occurrence never happens again.