Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 20, 2013
NRSC Taking Action On Grimes Tweet
The National Republican Senatorial Committee says disciplinary action has been taken against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The image shows Grimes' face superimposed on the body of "Obama Girl," a model who made racy videos about her crush on then-Senator Barack Obama in 2007.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner for her party's nomination to take on Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
In a statement, Grimes condemned the tweet as "sexist."
NRSC spokeswoman Brook Hougesen called the tweet "extremely offensive" and said yesterday steps have been taken to ensure that such an occurrence never happens again.