Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 20, 2013
NRSC Taking Action On Grimes Tweet
The National Republican Senatorial Committee says disciplinary action has been taken against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The image shows Grimes' face superimposed on the body of "Obama Girl," a model who made racy videos about her crush on then-Senator Barack Obama in 2007.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner for her party's nomination to take on Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
In a statement, Grimes condemned the tweet as "sexist."
NRSC spokeswoman Brook Hougesen called the tweet "extremely offensive" and said yesterday steps have been taken to ensure that such an occurrence never happens again.