Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed November 20, 2013
NRSC Taking Action On Grimes Tweet
The National Republican Senatorial Committee says disciplinary action has been taken against a junior staffer who tweeted an "extremely offensive" photo-shopped image of Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes.
The image shows Grimes' face superimposed on the body of "Obama Girl," a model who made racy videos about her crush on then-Senator Barack Obama in 2007.
Grimes is the Democratic front-runner for her party's nomination to take on Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
In a statement, Grimes condemned the tweet as "sexist."
NRSC spokeswoman Brook Hougesen called the tweet "extremely offensive" and said yesterday steps have been taken to ensure that such an occurrence never happens again.