Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue February 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [ride on the peace train edition]
From NPR: Kenyan graffiti artists are sending a literal peace train through the country as their presidential election nears. The artists are trying their best to stop the kind of violence that erupted after the last election.
Kentucky: State Sen. Julian Carroll has filed a bill that would pay for state employee raises by doubling the fines for traffic violations and some misdemeanors. A study has begun to explore rehabilitation or replacement options for the Cairo Bridge. State Rep. Diane St. Onge introduced legislation that would allow legislators to opt out of the state pension program. The deadline for small business assistance that comes as result of this summer’s drought quickly approaches. Kentucky set a new record for annual exports in 2012. The tax amnesty program netted almost $57 million.
Tennessee: With spring weather approaching, Tennessee has launched its Sever Weather Awareness Week.