Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 5, 2013
The Morning Cram [old man river edition]
From NPR: The reversal of a conservation law court decision to protect Michigan's Au Sable River is an unintended outcome from large donations by anonymous funders funneled through tax-exempt organizations. Known as 501(c)4s, these groups are becoming a vehicle of choice for big donors to hide large political donations.
Kentucky: The U.S. Attorney General's office will soon decide whether to uphold a protest aimed at stalling a Land Between the Lakes maintenance contract. A federal appeals court is set to consider the validity of a ruling striking down Kentucky's seven-decade old ban on grocery stores, gas stations and other retailers selling wine and liquor.
Illinois: Illinois' state climatologist says late-October rains helped restore soil moisture after three exceptionally dry months. Illinois lawmakers are convening in Springfield for the final three days of their annual fall session. Members of United Steel Workers at the Honeywell Plant in Metropolis say the Nuclear Regulatory Agency blocked participation by Local Union President Stephen Lech during an inspection.