Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue November 5, 2013
Union To File Complaint At Honeywell Plant
Members of United Steel Workers at the Honeywell Plant in Metropolis say the Nuclear Regulatory Agency blocked participation by Local Union President Stephen Lech during an inspection.
The Union says it will seek action against Honeywell and has filed a complaint against the NRC with the Office of the Inspector General.
Honeywell says regulations require the union representatives be an active employee. Lech is currently not one.
The company says the USW was represented at the inspection meeting, it just wasn’t who the union wanted.
The Honeywell plant converts uranium to make nuclear fuels.