Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 5, 2013
IL Rains Helping Soil Recovery
Illinois' state climatologist says late-October rains helped restore soil moisture after three exceptionally dry months.
Climatologist Jim Angel says a near-normal 3 point 2 inches of precipitation fell in October, most of it in the last few days of the month.
Angel says the rains were heavy and widespread enough to help recharge soil that had been dried out in the previous three months.
The long-term average rainfall for October is 3 point 26 inches. Many areas of northern and central Illinois saw snow in October, with the most — 3 point 5 inches — reported in Mendota.