Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed December 4, 2013
The Morning Cram [cats and copywriters edition]
From NPR: BuzzFeed's digital traffic is stratospheric, driven largely by animated GIFs and lists, like the 10 most life-affirming dog rescue stories. But the social media outfit is in the process of building up a team of journalists to offer original news reporting, raising questions of just what it intends to be.
Kentucky: A Hopkins County-Madisonville Public Library board member says Christmas has come early in the form of a $500,000 dollar fiscal court allocation for the library’s new facility. The Christian County Health Department plans to submit documentation in January to become just the 23rd nationally-accredited health department in the country. A website similar to Kentucky's health insurance exchange site has been taken down and no longer appears in Google search results after action by Attorney General Jack Conway.
Illinois: The fight over how to address Illinois' pension shortfall is likely to move to the courts following passage of a landmark bill. Illinois Central Railroad Company has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor for a number of safety violations and faces more than $100,000 in fines.