Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed December 4, 2013
IL Central Railroad Fined By OSHA
Illinois Central Railroad Company has been cited by the U.S. Department of Labor for a number of safety violations and faces more than $100,000 in fines.
The department's Occupational Safety and Health Administration says it began an inspection after observing workers not wearing necessary safety gear while demolishing a Chicago bridge coated with lead-based paint.
The railroad company was cited for failing to conduct monitoring of employees for lead exposure. It was also cited for not providing appropriate respiratory protection and letting workers eat and drink in areas where lead might be present, among other violations.
OSHA's area director called the railroad's failure to follow standards "unacceptable."
The railroad has 15 days to comply with or contest the findings.