Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed December 4, 2013
Copycat Healthcare Site Taken Down
A website similar to Kentucky's health insurance exchange site has been taken down and no longer appears in Google search results after action by Attorney General Jack Conway.
The website was similar to Kentucky's official health insurance exchange site, and Conway's office said yesterday that some consumers trying to find the Kentucky site were landing at the copycat site instead and being given wrong information.
The Office of Consumer Protection demanded the site be taken down on November 26.
Conway's office said Google was also contacted and asked to remove the site from search results.
The release said it is the third health insurance-related website the office has taken action against.