Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed December 4, 2013
Copycat Healthcare Site Taken Down
A website similar to Kentucky's health insurance exchange site has been taken down and no longer appears in Google search results after action by Attorney General Jack Conway.
The website was similar to Kentucky's official health insurance exchange site, and Conway's office said yesterday that some consumers trying to find the Kentucky site were landing at the copycat site instead and being given wrong information.
The Office of Consumer Protection demanded the site be taken down on November 26.
Conway's office said Google was also contacted and asked to remove the site from search results.
The release said it is the third health insurance-related website the office has taken action against.