Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu August 8, 2013
The Morning Cram [all or nothing edition]
From NPR: Less than eight weeks before the official launch of the new health care marketplaces, the Obama administration is ramping up efforts to encourage people to sign up. But some opponents want young people to pay a fine rather than sign up for health insurance, hoping to harm the new law.
Kentucky: People who once lived in the Trigg County portion of the Land Between The Lakes are getting together this weekend for their 42nd annual homecoming. Republican Matt Bevin is criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of slinging mud. State officials are celebrating in the Capitol with an event to recognize 120 Kentucky school districts that have voted to raise the dropout age. Motorists in Kentucky could lose their licenses for repeated offenses of the state's law against texting while driving. Coal jobs have dropped to the lowest level in the more than 85 years that the state has kept records of the number.