Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu August 8, 2013
Families Moved 50 Years Ago Gather For Homecoming
People who once lived in the Trigg County portion of the Land Between The Lakes are getting together this weekend for their 42nd annual homecoming. The event will be Sunday at Fenton. Between the Rivers homecomings are also planned for Stewart County, Tenn. on Sept. 1st and Lyon County on Sept. 21st.
Communities in the area were displaced some 50 years ago when residents were moved to make way for the 170,000-acre public recreation area stretching through western Kentucky and Tennessee between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley.