Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu December 5, 2013
Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Murray State University’s Presidential search committee has identified 11 finalists for off-site interviews in January.
Chairman Stephen Williams says the nine member committee was unanimous in its selection of the finalists.
Williams says consulting search firm Witt Kieffer provided the committee a “robust” list of 60 diverse candidates from varied backgrounds. Williams says the off-site interviews will likely be in Nashville, TN January 11 and 12.
Williams wouldn’t mention whether or not there are any internal applicants or finalists.
Williams also says that if Witt Kieffer identifies an “extremely deserving candidate” between now and March that the committee wouldn’t preclude that person from consideration.
“We don’t anticipate that to be the case but there is a possibility,” Williams said about the likelihood of adding a late applicant to the finalists list.
Following the offsite interviews the committee will present a slate of no less than two and no more than four candidates by mid-February from which the board of regents will select the university’s next president in March.