Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed August 14, 2013
The Morning Cram [candle in the wind edition]
From NPR: Sagging power lines and computer glitches lead to a power outage that left 50 million people across the Northeast U.S. and part of Canada in darkness on Aug. 14, 2003. New sensors have been installed. and operator training and computer systems have been upgraded. But is that enough to prevent another massive blackout?
Tennessee: The Tennessee Senate Education Committee plans a hearing in October to review the state’s textbook selection process for K-12 schools.