Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue January 28, 2014
McCracken County School Board Sets Timetable for Superintendent Search
The McCracken County Board of Education hopes to hire a new Superintendent in late March.
Current superintendent Nancy Waldrop announced in December that she will not be renewing her contract with the district.
On Monday, the board met with a representative of the Kentucky School Boards Association for advice and began setting dates for future meetings.
Public Information Officer Jayme Jones says the school began advertising for the job earlier this month and is now focusing on assembling a search committee.
“The school can nominate parents, and there’s so many different people that have to be on the committee, and that’s being done as we speak," said Jones. "And the application of process of superintendents closes on March 3rd.”
The school board will spend two weeks reviewing applications and background checks before inviting candidates for interviews the week of March 20th. The new superintendent will assume his or her post after Waldrop retires June 30th.