Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 20, 2013
Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
McCracken County Superintendent Nancy Waldrop says she will not accept another contract with the district.
In an email yesterday Waldrop said during her time at McCracken County schools she has been able to keep a successful district with decreasing funds and no new taxes.
Recently Waldrop was ordered to undergo disciplinary training by the Office of Education Accountability after confirmed allegations of misconduct. But there is no mention of any connection between her retirement and allegations.
Waldrop says she is looking forward to more time with her church and for volunteering with children in the county.
She was the county’s assistant superintendent for nine years before taking her current position.