Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Polls: Republicans Lead All of Kentucky's Statewide Races; Paul Tops GOP Presidential Hopefuls
- Convoy Tours Controversial Areas at Land Between the Lakes
Fri December 20, 2013
Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
McCracken County Superintendent Nancy Waldrop says she will not accept another contract with the district.
In an email yesterday Waldrop said during her time at McCracken County schools she has been able to keep a successful district with decreasing funds and no new taxes.
Recently Waldrop was ordered to undergo disciplinary training by the Office of Education Accountability after confirmed allegations of misconduct. But there is no mention of any connection between her retirement and allegations.
Waldrop says she is looking forward to more time with her church and for volunteering with children in the county.
She was the county’s assistant superintendent for nine years before taking her current position.