Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri December 20, 2013
Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
McCracken County Superintendent Nancy Waldrop says she will not accept another contract with the district.
In an email yesterday Waldrop said during her time at McCracken County schools she has been able to keep a successful district with decreasing funds and no new taxes.
Recently Waldrop was ordered to undergo disciplinary training by the Office of Education Accountability after confirmed allegations of misconduct. But there is no mention of any connection between her retirement and allegations.
Waldrop says she is looking forward to more time with her church and for volunteering with children in the county.
She was the county’s assistant superintendent for nine years before taking her current position.