Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 11, 2013
Legislative Committee Reviewing Ky. Wildlife Agency
A legislative committee has ordered a review of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, one of the latest signs of a heightened vigilance of the agency's operations by lawmakers.
Sen. Christian McDaniel, co-chairman of the Program Review and Investigations Committee, said lawmakers are expected to be briefed on the status of that review during a meeting Thursday.
Lawmakers serving on a separate committee postponed a vote Tuesday on a contract that would set a $134,000 salary for the head of the wildlife agency, Commissioner Jonathan Gassett.
The Government Contract Review Committee took the action after Rep. Brent Yonts told members that the Fish and Wildlife Commission hadn't yet approved that contract.