Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue June 11, 2013
Legislative Committee Reviewing Ky. Wildlife Agency
A legislative committee has ordered a review of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, one of the latest signs of a heightened vigilance of the agency's operations by lawmakers.
Sen. Christian McDaniel, co-chairman of the Program Review and Investigations Committee, said lawmakers are expected to be briefed on the status of that review during a meeting Thursday.
Lawmakers serving on a separate committee postponed a vote Tuesday on a contract that would set a $134,000 salary for the head of the wildlife agency, Commissioner Jonathan Gassett.
The Government Contract Review Committee took the action after Rep. Brent Yonts told members that the Fish and Wildlife Commission hadn't yet approved that contract.