Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Tue June 11, 2013
Legislative Committee Reviewing Ky. Wildlife Agency
A legislative committee has ordered a review of the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, one of the latest signs of a heightened vigilance of the agency's operations by lawmakers.
Sen. Christian McDaniel, co-chairman of the Program Review and Investigations Committee, said lawmakers are expected to be briefed on the status of that review during a meeting Thursday.
Lawmakers serving on a separate committee postponed a vote Tuesday on a contract that would set a $134,000 salary for the head of the wildlife agency, Commissioner Jonathan Gassett.
The Government Contract Review Committee took the action after Rep. Brent Yonts told members that the Fish and Wildlife Commission hadn't yet approved that contract.