Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 22, 2013
Contract For KY Wildlife Chief Caps Pay
Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped at $218,000 for the next year under a new contract. The state Legislature's Government Contract Review Committee will take a look at the contract next month. The contract sets Wildlife Commissioner Jon Gassett’s salary at $134,000 and adds $53,000 in benefits, pushing the total compensation package to $187,000.
The changes have approval from Fish and Wildlife Commission Chairman Stuart Ray and Tourism Secretary Marcheta Sparrow and awaits committee approval June 11th.