Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 22, 2013
Contract For KY Wildlife Chief Caps Pay
Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped at $218,000 for the next year under a new contract. The state Legislature's Government Contract Review Committee will take a look at the contract next month. The contract sets Wildlife Commissioner Jon Gassett’s salary at $134,000 and adds $53,000 in benefits, pushing the total compensation package to $187,000.
The changes have approval from Fish and Wildlife Commission Chairman Stuart Ray and Tourism Secretary Marcheta Sparrow and awaits committee approval June 11th.