Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed May 22, 2013
Contract For KY Wildlife Chief Caps Pay
Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped at $218,000 for the next year under a new contract. The state Legislature's Government Contract Review Committee will take a look at the contract next month. The contract sets Wildlife Commissioner Jon Gassett’s salary at $134,000 and adds $53,000 in benefits, pushing the total compensation package to $187,000.
The changes have approval from Fish and Wildlife Commission Chairman Stuart Ray and Tourism Secretary Marcheta Sparrow and awaits committee approval June 11th.