Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed May 22, 2013
Contract For KY Wildlife Chief Caps Pay
Compensation for the head of Kentucky’s Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources would be capped at $218,000 for the next year under a new contract. The state Legislature's Government Contract Review Committee will take a look at the contract next month. The contract sets Wildlife Commissioner Jon Gassett’s salary at $134,000 and adds $53,000 in benefits, pushing the total compensation package to $187,000.
The changes have approval from Fish and Wildlife Commission Chairman Stuart Ray and Tourism Secretary Marcheta Sparrow and awaits committee approval June 11th.