Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Fri September 6, 2013
Ky. Fish and Wildlife Commissioner Resigns
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commissioner Jonathan Gassett has resigned. Gassett had held the position since 2005.
Commission chairman Stuart Ray said Gassett submitted his letter of resignation Thursday evening, stating his intention to pursue outside interests.
The department had come under heightened scrutiny in recent years over concerns about spending and personnel decisions. The Office of Inspector General in the Cabinet for Public Protection is investigating, and a legislative committee concluded its own review last month.
Ray says deputy commissioner Benjy Kinman will become the agency's interim head.