Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri September 6, 2013
Ky. Fish and Wildlife Commissioner Resigns
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commissioner Jonathan Gassett has resigned. Gassett had held the position since 2005.
Commission chairman Stuart Ray said Gassett submitted his letter of resignation Thursday evening, stating his intention to pursue outside interests.
The department had come under heightened scrutiny in recent years over concerns about spending and personnel decisions. The Office of Inspector General in the Cabinet for Public Protection is investigating, and a legislative committee concluded its own review last month.
Ray says deputy commissioner Benjy Kinman will become the agency's interim head.