Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 3, 2013
Judge Tosses Out Lawsuit Over Missing Ky. Woman
A federal judge has dismissed a Madisonville woman's lawsuit regarding her daughter's 17-year-old unsolved kidnapping case.
U.S. District Judge Thomas B. Russell ruled that Sarah Teague brought her case to court too late to be prosecuted and that her allegations lack merit.
In February, Teague sued members of the FBI, Kentucky State Police, the Henderson Police Department and others alleging a cover-up.
Teague's daughter, Heather, was 23 when she disappeared while sunbathing on an Ohio River beach in western Kentucky on Aug. 26, 1995. The sole suspect named in the case shot himself as police attempted to search his property a week after Teague disappeared.