Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 3, 2013
Judge Tosses Out Lawsuit Over Missing Ky. Woman
A federal judge has dismissed a Madisonville woman's lawsuit regarding her daughter's 17-year-old unsolved kidnapping case.
U.S. District Judge Thomas B. Russell ruled that Sarah Teague brought her case to court too late to be prosecuted and that her allegations lack merit.
In February, Teague sued members of the FBI, Kentucky State Police, the Henderson Police Department and others alleging a cover-up.
Teague's daughter, Heather, was 23 when she disappeared while sunbathing on an Ohio River beach in western Kentucky on Aug. 26, 1995. The sole suspect named in the case shot himself as police attempted to search his property a week after Teague disappeared.