Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon March 4, 2013
Mother of Kidnapped Woman Files Lawsuit
A Madisonville woman whose daughter was kidnapped more than 17 years ago is suing the Kentucky State Police, Henderson Police Department, FBI and others involved in the unsolved case.
Sarah Teague 's suit alleges malfeasance in the case of her missing daughter Heather Teague who disappeared in August 1995 from a Henderson County beach. In Teague's hand-written complaint she accuses law enforcement of not doing enough to solve her daughter's kidnapping.
Law enforcement had identified a suspect early in the investigation who subsequently committed suicide. Teague says law enforcement should continue to work the case. Law enforcement officials haven't offered a comment on the lawsuit.