Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon March 4, 2013
Mother of Kidnapped Woman Files Lawsuit
A Madisonville woman whose daughter was kidnapped more than 17 years ago is suing the Kentucky State Police, Henderson Police Department, FBI and others involved in the unsolved case.
Sarah Teague 's suit alleges malfeasance in the case of her missing daughter Heather Teague who disappeared in August 1995 from a Henderson County beach. In Teague's hand-written complaint she accuses law enforcement of not doing enough to solve her daughter's kidnapping.
Law enforcement had identified a suspect early in the investigation who subsequently committed suicide. Teague says law enforcement should continue to work the case. Law enforcement officials haven't offered a comment on the lawsuit.