Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Mon March 4, 2013
Mother of Kidnapped Woman Files Lawsuit
A Madisonville woman whose daughter was kidnapped more than 17 years ago is suing the Kentucky State Police, Henderson Police Department, FBI and others involved in the unsolved case.
Sarah Teague 's suit alleges malfeasance in the case of her missing daughter Heather Teague who disappeared in August 1995 from a Henderson County beach. In Teague's hand-written complaint she accuses law enforcement of not doing enough to solve her daughter's kidnapping.
Law enforcement had identified a suspect early in the investigation who subsequently committed suicide. Teague says law enforcement should continue to work the case. Law enforcement officials haven't offered a comment on the lawsuit.