Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon March 4, 2013
Mother of Kidnapped Woman Files Lawsuit
A Madisonville woman whose daughter was kidnapped more than 17 years ago is suing the Kentucky State Police, Henderson Police Department, FBI and others involved in the unsolved case.
Sarah Teague 's suit alleges malfeasance in the case of her missing daughter Heather Teague who disappeared in August 1995 from a Henderson County beach. In Teague's hand-written complaint she accuses law enforcement of not doing enough to solve her daughter's kidnapping.
Law enforcement had identified a suspect early in the investigation who subsequently committed suicide. Teague says law enforcement should continue to work the case. Law enforcement officials haven't offered a comment on the lawsuit.