Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 15, 2013
Hopkins County Schools Interview Superintendent Candidates
The Hopkins County School District is a step closer to hiring a new superintendent after the board ended a second round of interviews last night in Madisonville.
A screening committee recommended four finalists last week. Board members questioned the first two candidates Tuesday.
The four finalists include South Oldham County Middle School Principal Rob Clayton, Owensboro Public Schools Assistant Superintendent Matthew Constant, Middlesboro County Superintendent Rita Cook and Hopkins County deputy superintendent Linda Zellich.
Members of the screening committee say there were 16 applicants for the job.
Kentucky Association of School Administrators consultant Phil Eason says the board must now make a decision in the coming weeks or ask the search committee for more finalists.