Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Wed May 15, 2013
Hopkins County Schools Interview Superintendent Candidates
The Hopkins County School District is a step closer to hiring a new superintendent after the board ended a second round of interviews last night in Madisonville.
A screening committee recommended four finalists last week. Board members questioned the first two candidates Tuesday.
The four finalists include South Oldham County Middle School Principal Rob Clayton, Owensboro Public Schools Assistant Superintendent Matthew Constant, Middlesboro County Superintendent Rita Cook and Hopkins County deputy superintendent Linda Zellich.
Members of the screening committee say there were 16 applicants for the job.
Kentucky Association of School Administrators consultant Phil Eason says the board must now make a decision in the coming weeks or ask the search committee for more finalists.