Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue March 19, 2013
Hopkins County Board of Education Begins Search for New Superintendent
The Hopkins County Board of Education begins its search for a new superintendent this week. Kentucky Association of School Administrators Senior Search Consultant Phil Eason says the board will post the open position Wednesday that should remain open for 30 days.
Current Superintendent James Stevens announced Feb. 28 that he plans to retire no later than June 30.
The first step of the hiring process is a six-member screening committee that includes a principal, an employee, a parent, a board member and two teachers. Eason says the hire date is set for May 17.
Below is a schedule of important dates relating to the search for a new superintendent.
3/22/13 Screening committee nomination deadline
3/26/13 Ballots distributed for screening committee election
3/27/13 Deadline for screening committee election ballots/Screening committee established
4/22/13 Board meeting to develop position criteria and provide instructions to the screening committee
4/24/2013 Deadline for submitting applications/Screening committee training/Screening committee receives applications
5/7/13 Screening committee makes recommendation to board of education
5/13/13 Finalist interviews begin
5/17/13 Appointment of superintendent