Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu January 9, 2014
First Round of MSU Presidential Interviews This Weekend
The Murray State Presidential Search Committee heads to Nashville this weekend to interview the top ten candidates for the job.
The committee initially selected eleven finalists but an MSU spokesperson says one person dropped out of the process. Search committee chairman Stephen Williams says 60 people applied for the position.
MSU confirms the committee will meet in closed session during the interview process on Saturday at the Marriott Hotel near the Nashville airport. The committee is likely to meet again February 7th to determine the finalists to recommend to the Board of Regents.
The committee is required to recommend no less than two and no more than four finalists to the board. The university will release the finalists’ names. They will also visit campus before the Board makes a selection. The Board of Regents plans to select the next President in March.
MSU is searching for a President after the Board of Regents voted against renewing President Randy Dunn's contract in March and in May. The second vote occurred because the first vote occurred after what the state Attorney General deemed an illegal meeting.