Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed December 18, 2013
Carroll Running for Third Term as Hopkins Judge-Executive
Hopkins County Judge-Executive Donnie Carroll says he plans to file for re-election by the end of this week. Carroll, a Democrat, says there are several projects he will focus on if given a third term.
“We still would concentrate on our road projects,” Carroll said. “We’ve been fortune enough to build some new facilities for our road departments and our animal shelters and things like that. I still would concentrate on economic development.”
Carroll’s decision to run comes after Kentucky’s 10th district state representative Ben Waide announced his own bid for the seat.
Waide will run for judge-executive instead of challenging fellow Republican incumbent Myron Dossett for the newly redrawn 9th district seat. New legislative boundaries approved this summer pitted the two lawmakers against each other for the 2014 election.
Waide could not be reached for comment.