Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed July 24, 2013
Beshear, Abramson Won't Attend Fancy Farm Picnic
Gov. Steve Beshear and Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson will skip next week's Fancy Farm Picnic in Graves County. Democratic Party Chairman Dan Logsdon said they're unable to go.
Last year, Abramson received criticism for questioning the relevancy of the political event.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell plans to attend, as does his chief Democratic challenger in next year's general election, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes.
McConnell’s new Republican primary opponent, Louisville businessman and tea partyer Matt Bevin, said he’ll attend the event as well whether he’s invited to the podium or not.
The fundraising picnic draws some 10,000 people and generates about $250,000 for St. Jerome Catholic Parish.
Logsdon said Beshear intends to be at next year's event.
It's All Politics