Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Wed July 24, 2013
Bevin Says He'll Attend Fancy Farm Picnic, Schedules First Stops in Western Ky.
Matt Bevin, the Louisville businessman seeking to defeat Sen. Mitch McConnell in next year’s Republican primary, will be at next week's Fancy Farm Picnic in Graves County - whether he's allowed to take the podium or not. (UPDATE 9:46 A.M 7/25, After an email Wednesday from Fancy Farm Political Speaking Chair to WKMS that Bevin won't be allowed to speak, the Associated Press now says Bevin will speak)
Bevin formally announced his candidacy Wednesday in Frankfort.
Fancy Farm political speaking chairman Mark Wilson said at this time, only current office-holders will be allowed to speak at the event.
The tea party candidate will make his first trip to western Kentucky Thursday. Bevin will be at the Ron Logsdon Community Center in Owensboro at 9:30 a.m., the National Quilt Museum in Paducah at 12:30 p.m. and the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green at 3:30 p.m.
Kentucky’s largest group of tea party leaders, the United Kentucky Tea Party, has already endorsed Bevin.
It's All Politics