house fire

Public Domain, Wikimedia Commons

A mobile home fire has claimed the lives of a father and son in Union County.


Henry County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a house fire that left five people dead Thursday night.


A house fire in Martin Tennessee last night claimed the life of two children. Martin Fire and Police Departments found the house fully engulfed in flames after receiving a call around 9:30 p.m. Multiple fire agencies fought the blaze for about four hours before they were able to extinguish the fire. The two individuals that were confirmed dead were children of elementary school age. Martin Police, Fire, and Tennessee Bomb and Arson are investigating the incident and the bodies have been sent to Memphis for autopsies.   

Montgomery County Animal Care and Control, via Facebook

Montgomery County Animal Care and Control rescued 54 dogs and two geckos from a house fire over the weekend. 

A man has been burned after an explosion ripped through a Henderson house.


Kentucky State Police is investigating a death related to a house fire in Livingston County Monday night. 

Lisa Autry/WKYU

  The two surviving members of a 2014 Muhlenberg County house fire are filing a lawsuit against a construction company.

Watson Family Fundraiser Facebook Page

A tight-knit community in western Kentucky is preparing to say goodbye to a mother and eight of her children who perished last week in a house fire. 

Thirty-six-year-old Chad Watson and his 11-year-old daughter Kylie were the only ones who made it out of the house alive, but they won't be at the funerals.  They are still being treated for lung damage and severe burns.

The fact that 13 fire related fatalities have occurred during the past week in Kentucky brings a reminders of the need for persistence when it comes to fire safety in the home.  

Lisa Autry

Updated at 3:20 pm

The nine victims of Thursday's Muhlenberg County house fire ranged in ages from 4 to 36 and included twin brothers.

Investigators with the Kentucky State Police and state fire marshal’s office say the fire was accidental and caused by an electric baseboard heater malfunction. 

Kentucky State Police spokesman Stu Recke confirmed the names of the nine family members who died in the fire that broke out around 2 a.m. in the town of Depoy.