Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Special New Member Gift!
As a gift for new members*, we're offering the WKMS News documentary "West Kentucky High Iron: The Story of Four Rivers Rail." The hour-long special takes listeners around the Four Rivers Region exploring the rail industry’s history and how this method of transportation has touched people’s lives. The special takes listeners around the Four Rivers Region exploring the rail industry’s history and how this method of transportation has touched people’s lives. This special presentation originally aired on March 3, at 9 a.m. and is available in a special CD package as a gift for new members.
Segments include laying the tracks for the Cadiz Railroad, the historic rail boomtown of Earlington, remembering a murder in the Paducah rail yard, Kentucky's orphan train, hobos in the backyard, a gathering of model railroad enthusiasts, an inside look at VMV Paducahbilt, and an innovative use for old tracks. Also, WKMS Producer Todd Hatton and rail historian Cliff Downey reflect on trains in western Kentucky while riding the historic "City of New Orleans" line from Carbondale to Fulton.
*We're also offering this gift as a bonus premium at the $250 dollar level for renewing members.