Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu January 10, 2013
Yonts Could Head House State Government Committee
Democratic state Representative Brent Yonts of Greenville could be in line to become the next chairman of the House State Government Committee, a key post with the Legislature working to find a way to restore solvency to the pension program for government retirees in Kentucky.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Wednesday he intends to nominate Yonts for the position and that he considers Yonts the frontrunner. Yonts, if selected, would replace former Democratic state Rep. Mike Cherry of Princeton who retired at the end of last year.