Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu January 10, 2013
Yonts Could Head House State Government Committee
Democratic state Representative Brent Yonts of Greenville could be in line to become the next chairman of the House State Government Committee, a key post with the Legislature working to find a way to restore solvency to the pension program for government retirees in Kentucky.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Wednesday he intends to nominate Yonts for the position and that he considers Yonts the frontrunner. Yonts, if selected, would replace former Democratic state Rep. Mike Cherry of Princeton who retired at the end of last year.