Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu January 10, 2013
Yonts Could Head House State Government Committee
Democratic state Representative Brent Yonts of Greenville could be in line to become the next chairman of the House State Government Committee, a key post with the Legislature working to find a way to restore solvency to the pension program for government retirees in Kentucky.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Wednesday he intends to nominate Yonts for the position and that he considers Yonts the frontrunner. Yonts, if selected, would replace former Democratic state Rep. Mike Cherry of Princeton who retired at the end of last year.