Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Tue July 16, 2013
Yarmuth predicts hard-hitting campaign by Grimes
Kentucky's only Democratic congressman predicts Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes will run the most aggressive campaign that Republican Senator Mitch McConnell has seen from a challenger. Grimes has kept a low profile since announcing her bid to unseat McConnell next year. U.S. Representative John Yarmuth says Grimes will soon take the fight to McConnell in what's shaping up as Kentucky’s costliest race ever.
McConnell, the Senate's top Republican, got in a recent dig at Grimes, saying she announced her candidacy and went into hiding. Yarmuth says Grimes is putting together a campaign team but will come out with a hard-hitting campaign. Yarmuth says McConnell has been a master at controlling the narrative of campaigns but won't be able to do so next year.