Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue July 16, 2013
Yarmuth predicts hard-hitting campaign by Grimes
Kentucky's only Democratic congressman predicts Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes will run the most aggressive campaign that Republican Senator Mitch McConnell has seen from a challenger. Grimes has kept a low profile since announcing her bid to unseat McConnell next year. U.S. Representative John Yarmuth says Grimes will soon take the fight to McConnell in what's shaping up as Kentucky’s costliest race ever.
McConnell, the Senate's top Republican, got in a recent dig at Grimes, saying she announced her candidacy and went into hiding. Yarmuth says Grimes is putting together a campaign team but will come out with a hard-hitting campaign. Yarmuth says McConnell has been a master at controlling the narrative of campaigns but won't be able to do so next year.