Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 16, 2013
Yarmuth predicts hard-hitting campaign by Grimes
Kentucky's only Democratic congressman predicts Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes will run the most aggressive campaign that Republican Senator Mitch McConnell has seen from a challenger. Grimes has kept a low profile since announcing her bid to unseat McConnell next year. U.S. Representative John Yarmuth says Grimes will soon take the fight to McConnell in what's shaping up as Kentucky’s costliest race ever.
McConnell, the Senate's top Republican, got in a recent dig at Grimes, saying she announced her candidacy and went into hiding. Yarmuth says Grimes is putting together a campaign team but will come out with a hard-hitting campaign. Yarmuth says McConnell has been a master at controlling the narrative of campaigns but won't be able to do so next year.