Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri October 5, 2012
WW II Ship Returns to Home Port
A World War II-era landing craft that spent two days stuck in Lake Barkley has arrived back to its Indiana home port. The LST 325 pulled into its Evansville dock Thursday after being freed just one day earlier. The ship’s captain says the ship was not damaged after being grounded for two days. The LST 325 was returning from a trip on the Cumberland River. The historic ship landed troops on the Normandy beaches in 1944, and is now a tourist attraction.