Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri October 5, 2012
WW II Ship Returns to Home Port
A World War II-era landing craft that spent two days stuck in Lake Barkley has arrived back to its Indiana home port. The LST 325 pulled into its Evansville dock Thursday after being freed just one day earlier. The ship’s captain says the ship was not damaged after being grounded for two days. The LST 325 was returning from a trip on the Cumberland River. The historic ship landed troops on the Normandy beaches in 1944, and is now a tourist attraction.