Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 22, 2009
Worley Cleared of Wrongdoing
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – A state ethics panel says Kentucky Senate Democratic Leader Ed Worley broke no laws in making a deal to build a courthouse annex in his district. The Legislative Ethics Commission said in a ruling today (yesterday) that Worley "must be more careful in the future" to avoid any appearance of using his public office to benefit himself. At issue was whether Worley violated state ethics laws by building and leasing a facility to house Madison County's family court.