Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue June 12, 2012
Workshops on Fair Housing Set for LGBT Families
The Kentucky Commission on Human Rights is holding three fair housing workshops next week for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and their families.
The first is June 20 at Alexander Hall at Murray State University. The others will follow the next two days at Centre College and Morehead State University. Speakers include H. Alexander Robinson of the National Black Justice Coalition and Jacqueline Miller of the National Center for Lesbian Rights. The workshops are in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and are open to the public. There's no charge, but the deadline for reservations is this Friday.To make a reservation, call (800) 292-5566.