Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue June 12, 2012
Workshops on Fair Housing Set for LGBT Families
The Kentucky Commission on Human Rights is holding three fair housing workshops next week for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and their families.
The first is June 20 at Alexander Hall at Murray State University. The others will follow the next two days at Centre College and Morehead State University. Speakers include H. Alexander Robinson of the National Black Justice Coalition and Jacqueline Miller of the National Center for Lesbian Rights. The workshops are in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and are open to the public. There's no charge, but the deadline for reservations is this Friday.To make a reservation, call (800) 292-5566.