Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 20, 2009
WKWIB Receives Federal Grant
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – A western Kentucky development agency has received a 250 thousand dollar grant to enhance opportunities for the region's workforce. The West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board plans to use the grant to increase skills training and education opportunities in the eight Purchase Area counties, as well as Henry and Weakly counties in Tennessee and Illinois' Massac County. Additionally, the board hopes to use the funding to promote growth in industries such as energy, advanced manufacturing and health care.