Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed January 30, 2013
WKU Challenges Other Schools in Conservation
Western Kentucky University says it is challenging other Kentucky colleges and universities to see which can save the most electricity and water over a three-week period.
The Bowling Green school says the universities of Louisville and Kentucky, as well as Berea College, have accepted the challenge, which is called Bluegrass Unplugged. It is part of a national competition among colleges and universities aimed at reducing electricity and water use. The 2013 Campus Conservation Nationals allows schools to choose any three-week period from February to April to compete. More than 200 schools nationwide are taking part.
"Bluegrass Unplugged" will run from March 23 to April 12.