Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue May 28, 2013
WKMS News Presents "Kentucky Dam: Power for the People" 6/2
WKMS News continues its Sounds Good Documentary Series with its latest offering, Kentucky Dam: Power for the People. The hour-long program debuts Sunday, June 2nd at 9:00 a.m. The Kentucky Dam is the Tennessee Valley Authority's largest at 8,500 ft. long moves more than a million cubic feet of water per second.
Western Kentucky's landscape, and economy were forever changed by the dam and we'll explain how with the help of TVA officials, historians and river navigation experts and people who worked on and engineered the dam.
Please join us for Kentucky Dam: Power for the People, the story of a massive public works project that meant both the end of a way of life and a brighter future for the people of Western Kentucky. This documentary is sponsored by Hunter Marine of Paducah.