Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 28, 2013
WKMS News Presents "Kentucky Dam: Power for the People" 6/2
WKMS News continues its Sounds Good Documentary Series with its latest offering, Kentucky Dam: Power for the People. The hour-long program debuts Sunday, June 2nd at 9:00 a.m. The Kentucky Dam is the Tennessee Valley Authority's largest at 8,500 ft. long moves more than a million cubic feet of water per second.
Western Kentucky's landscape, and economy were forever changed by the dam and we'll explain how with the help of TVA officials, historians and river navigation experts and people who worked on and engineered the dam.
Please join us for Kentucky Dam: Power for the People, the story of a massive public works project that meant both the end of a way of life and a brighter future for the people of Western Kentucky. This documentary is sponsored by Hunter Marine of Paducah.