Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 28, 2013
WKMS News Presents "Kentucky Dam: Power for the People" 6/2
WKMS News continues its Sounds Good Documentary Series with its latest offering, Kentucky Dam: Power for the People. The hour-long program debuts Sunday, June 2nd at 9:00 a.m. The Kentucky Dam is the Tennessee Valley Authority's largest at 8,500 ft. long moves more than a million cubic feet of water per second.
Western Kentucky's landscape, and economy were forever changed by the dam and we'll explain how with the help of TVA officials, historians and river navigation experts and people who worked on and engineered the dam.
Please join us for Kentucky Dam: Power for the People, the story of a massive public works project that meant both the end of a way of life and a brighter future for the people of Western Kentucky. This documentary is sponsored by Hunter Marine of Paducah.