Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 28, 2013
WKMS News Presents "Kentucky Dam: Power for the People" 6/2
WKMS News continues its Sounds Good Documentary Series with its latest offering, Kentucky Dam: Power for the People. The hour-long program debuts Sunday, June 2nd at 9:00 a.m. The Kentucky Dam is the Tennessee Valley Authority's largest at 8,500 ft. long moves more than a million cubic feet of water per second.
Western Kentucky's landscape, and economy were forever changed by the dam and we'll explain how with the help of TVA officials, historians and river navigation experts and people who worked on and engineered the dam.
Please join us for Kentucky Dam: Power for the People, the story of a massive public works project that meant both the end of a way of life and a brighter future for the people of Western Kentucky. This documentary is sponsored by Hunter Marine of Paducah.