Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed November 14, 2012
WKCTC Asks Paducah for More Money for Art School
West Kentucky Community and Technical College President Dr. Barbara Veazey has asked the Paducah City Commission for more money to fund the college’s art school. The city has committed $225,000 over three years to the Paducah School of Art expansion in LowerTown. Veazey asked for another two years of funding, at $75,000 each year to help ensure the project is completed.
Mayor-Elect Gayle Kaler says city officials will review the budget before committing to additional funds. WKCTC held a groundbreaking at the end of October for a ceramics facility at the school’s new LowerTown location. A sculpture program is set to open in January 2014, and drawing and painting facilities are in development.