Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Fri September 4, 2009
Winters Added to Bio-fuels Taskforce
Murray,KY – Kentucky First District State Senator Ken Winters now sits on Governor Beshear's Executive Task Force on Biomass and Biofuels Development. The twenty-one member group will facilitate the development of an alternative energy industry. Winters says because of the Commonwealth's agriculture Biomass and Biofuels make the most sense as an alternative energy source. The task-force had its first meeting Wednesday and will continue to meet until November to develop recommendations for the Governor.