Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 25, 2013
Winter Weather Causes KYTC To Prepare For Icy Road Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is watching the weather this evening to determine whether roads will need to be treated for ice.
KYTC District 1 spokesperson Keith Todd said freezing precipitation has been called for in the forecast, but crews will still need to wait and see if that merits treating the roads just yet.
“The one thing we have going for us is that our pavement temperatures are warm enough that most of what falls should melt fairly quickly," said Todd. "But that doesn’t mean there won’t be some slick spots out there where if we had a heavy snowshower move through."
Todd said roads weren’t pre-treated this morning because the forecast had called for rain ahead of the snow which would have washed away the brine the crews put down.
But, Todd said county road crews are on alert tonight and are standing by with salt trucks and snow ploughs should the weather call for it.