Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 2, 2013
Williams To Run For Judgeship
Former Kentucky Senate President David Williams has filed candidacy papers to seek election to the judicial seat Governor Steve Beshear appointed him to last year.
The Republican Williams filed the papers last week.
The Democratic Beshear appointed Williams circuit judge in the 40th District of southern Kentucky in October 2012, even though the two had been longtime political rivals.
Beshear has a history of appointing Republicans to more lucrative government positions to get them out of the Legislature.
He previously appointed Senate GOP Floor Leader Dan Kelly circuit judge and named Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee Chairman Charlie Borders to the Public Service Commission