Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon December 2, 2013
Williams To Run For Judgeship
Former Kentucky Senate President David Williams has filed candidacy papers to seek election to the judicial seat Governor Steve Beshear appointed him to last year.
The Republican Williams filed the papers last week.
The Democratic Beshear appointed Williams circuit judge in the 40th District of southern Kentucky in October 2012, even though the two had been longtime political rivals.
Beshear has a history of appointing Republicans to more lucrative government positions to get them out of the Legislature.
He previously appointed Senate GOP Floor Leader Dan Kelly circuit judge and named Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee Chairman Charlie Borders to the Public Service Commission