Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 13, 2012
Widow of Fort Campbell Soldier Sues Fox and National Geographic
The widow of a Fort Campbell soldier killed in a blast in Afghanistan is suing the National Geographic Society and Fox Cable Networks for airing images of her family in a documentary about a combat hospital. Donnice Roberts filed the lawsuit this month in federal court in Texas.
Her husband, Staff Sgt. Kevin Casey Roberts, was serving with the 101st Airborne Division when he was killed in 2008 by an improvised explosive device. A year after his death, she learned that the documentary, "Inside Afghan ER," featured images of her husband and their family, including their two children, without notifying her or asking for her permission. She is seeking monetary damages and a permanent injunction to bar airing the documentary.