Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue November 13, 2012
Widow of Fort Campbell Soldier Sues Fox and National Geographic
The widow of a Fort Campbell soldier killed in a blast in Afghanistan is suing the National Geographic Society and Fox Cable Networks for airing images of her family in a documentary about a combat hospital. Donnice Roberts filed the lawsuit this month in federal court in Texas.
Her husband, Staff Sgt. Kevin Casey Roberts, was serving with the 101st Airborne Division when he was killed in 2008 by an improvised explosive device. A year after his death, she learned that the documentary, "Inside Afghan ER," featured images of her husband and their family, including their two children, without notifying her or asking for her permission. She is seeking monetary damages and a permanent injunction to bar airing the documentary.