Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Sun September 23, 2012
Whitfield vs Hatchett for Congressional Seat
Benton Kentucky’s Charles Hatchett ran against Ed Whitfield in 2010 for Kentucky’s 1st District seat in the House of Representatives. After only receiving 29 percent of the vote in that contest, he’s challenging the Congressman again, believing that the district needs a blue-collar representative to voice the concerns of the people. But, beating an incumbent isn’t easy—especially one that has held a Congressional seat since 1994. Casey Northcutt explores the difficulties Hatchett and other challengers like him face in political races.