Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sun September 23, 2012
Whitfield vs Hatchett for Congressional Seat
Benton Kentucky’s Charles Hatchett ran against Ed Whitfield in 2010 for Kentucky’s 1st District seat in the House of Representatives. After only receiving 29 percent of the vote in that contest, he’s challenging the Congressman again, believing that the district needs a blue-collar representative to voice the concerns of the people. But, beating an incumbent isn’t easy—especially one that has held a Congressional seat since 1994. Casey Northcutt explores the difficulties Hatchett and other challengers like him face in political races.