Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Sun September 23, 2012
Whitfield vs Hatchett for Congressional Seat
Benton Kentucky’s Charles Hatchett ran against Ed Whitfield in 2010 for Kentucky’s 1st District seat in the House of Representatives. After only receiving 29 percent of the vote in that contest, he’s challenging the Congressman again, believing that the district needs a blue-collar representative to voice the concerns of the people. But, beating an incumbent isn’t easy—especially one that has held a Congressional seat since 1994. Casey Northcutt explores the difficulties Hatchett and other challengers like him face in political races.