Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Sun September 23, 2012
Whitfield vs Hatchett for Congressional Seat
Benton Kentucky’s Charles Hatchett ran against Ed Whitfield in 2010 for Kentucky’s 1st District seat in the House of Representatives. After only receiving 29 percent of the vote in that contest, he’s challenging the Congressman again, believing that the district needs a blue-collar representative to voice the concerns of the people. But, beating an incumbent isn’t easy—especially one that has held a Congressional seat since 1994. Casey Northcutt explores the difficulties Hatchett and other challengers like him face in political races.