Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri July 10, 2009
Whitfield votes for Ft. Campbell Funds
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – A bill that would secure funds for Fort Campbell's military base has cleared the U.S. House of Representatives. The Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act of 2010 passed in the House today. The bill includes $14.4 million for a chapel and multi-purpose facility and $900,000 for a physical fitness center on the base. Kentucky's First District Representative Ed Whitfield, who supported the measure, says the existing physical fitness facility at Fort Campbell is inadequate and fails to meet Army requirements. The bill now moves to the Senate for consideration.