Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue August 21, 2012
Whitfield Sets Energy Platform for RNC
Kentucky congressman Ed Whitfield is among Republicans meeting in Tampa this week to set the Republican National Convention party platform.
Whitfield is focusing on the GOP’s energy and environment policy. The Republicans adopted an ‘all of the above’ energy policy. Whitfield says the party also resolved to rein in what he calls a runaway EPA that’s placing great uncertainty in the energy sector. Democrats held their platform committee meeting earlier this month in Detroit. They adopted an energy platform focused on reducing dependence on foreign oil, and encouraging alternative energy solutions.