Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 13, 2009
White-Collar Jobs Spike in Montogomery County
By Caleb Campbell
Clarksville, TN – In the last two years, Montgomery County, Tennessee has experienced an increase in white-collar jobs. Hemlock Semiconductor, a massive manufacturing plant is taking up lots of agricultural land and offering new jobs to the unemployed. The county is known for its high corn and wheat production, but could this new surge of white collar jobs be the end of successful blue-collar careers in the area? Caleb Campbell spoke with Montgomery County Extension Service County Director John Bartee on the future of the farming community.