Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
Wet Dry Vote
Tue July 17, 2012
Wet Wins in Murray; Marshall Stays Dry
The City of Murray and Marshall County held separate local option elections today. Murray, a city that allows liquor by the drink sales, asked residents to vote on whether or not to expand alcohol sales to allow package liquor. Marshall County residents voted on whether or not to allow alcohol sales in package stores and restaurants.
Uncertified results are: Murray votes to go wet. Marshall County will stay dry.
More on reaction from residents tomorrow on Morning Edition on WKMS news.
Polls Closed at 6:00. Returns are coming in...
Marshall County - 7:41 pm
Total: 6211Yes, 6906 No
Results are preliminary and have not been certified.
Murray @ 6:56 pm
Preliminary tally show that Murray voters chose to go wet 53% to 47%. Results are pending certification.
FINAL Total: 2,109 Yes, 1822 No
Absentee Ballot: 118 Yes, 110 No
Murray Precinct #1: 110 Yes, 76 No
Murray Precinct #2: 176 Yes, 109 No
Murray Precinct #3: 70 Yes, 58 No
Murray Precinct #4: 235 Yes, 209 No
Murray Precinct #5: 135 Yes, 88 No
Murray Precinct #6: 175 Yes, 164 No
Murray Precinct #7: 131 Yes, 111 No
Murray Precinct #8: 189 Yes, 194 No
Murray Precinct #9: 185 Yes, 107 No
Murray Precinct #10: 167 Yes, 193 No
Murray Precinct #11: 81 Yes, 112 No
Murray Precinct #12: 114 Yes, 76 No
Murray Precinct #13: 138 Yes, 128 No
Murray Precinct #14: 81 Yes, 87 No